Do I have to have UC-SHIP to use LiveHealth?
- No. All students, SHIP and nonSHIP, may access LiveHealth online by utilizing coupon codes available at CAPS.
If I have UC-SHIP, how much is the copay for using LiveHealth services?
- The copay for UCLA SHIP-covered students is changing from $10 to $5 the 19-20 policy year. Please note that this copay may vary from capus to campus; copay is dependent on the student's "home" campus.
Do I need a special identification code to access LiveHealth services?
- UC-SHIP covered students have an Anthem XDP# that they may use for accessing LiveHealth Online; this number is accessible via the Anthem UC-SHIP app. For non-SHIP covered students, they can register through LHO and see a provider. Once you start your visit, you will be prompted to input private insurance (if applicable) or no insurance at all. In order to avail of the CAPS coupon code, however, only enter that code and do not enter secondary insurance or that private insurance; if secondary or private insurance is entered, that will serve as primary for the claim.
What if I try any of the instructions above and still cannot access a LiveHealth provider or LiveHealth tells me that the coupon code is not working?
- If you cannot access a LiveHealth provider or the LiveHealth provider states that the coupon code does not work, you may contact Anthem for assistance via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need a CAPS referral to access LiveHealth online services?
- No. Accessing LiveHealth Online does not require a referral from CAPS (for Behavioral Health) so no appointment is needed if you are interested in accessing services. If you happen to already be connected to CAPS, you may simply ask your current provider for a coupon and/or stop by any reception desk. If you are not connected to CAPS but interested in a coupon code, you may simply call CAPS at (310) 825-0768 to obtain one over the phone; no CAPS appointment is required to obtain a code.
What if I have dual coverage, specifically UC-SHIP and MediCal, TriCare, or MRMIP - would Anthem cover the claims or is the other insurance primary?
- The COB rules still apply, and the students' primary insurance would be necessary prior to processing a claim. If you would like to avail of the UCLA CAPS coupon code, then you would not disclose other secondary insurance but instead use a code so the claim would not be filed and/or denied due to secondary insurance being primary.
Does LiveHealth offer couples counseling? If so, are there any stipulations i.e. both in the couple must be registered UCLA students and/or at least one must be registered?
- Students can invite someone to attend their session if they like and if appropriate. There is no additional charge for their "guest" and the guest would get a direct link to join the session when it is time for the visit i.e. you would not have to be logged on from the same physical place.
How would a student obtain copies of their telehealth visit with a LiveHealth clinician i.e. what is the release of information/records request process?
- Anyone who accesses LiveHealth services will have a LiveHealth online portal where you will have ability to message providers or receive your session notes which you can then choose to share with another existing private or UCLA CAPS provider.
- Claims are automatically transmitted to Anthem (no need to send claims). If you disclose a secondary insurance (dual coverage), Anthem will coordinate to verify whether your secondary insurance provides primary coverage for the claim and the original claim may be denied. If you obtain a coupon code from CAPS, there are no claims filed as CAPS shoulders the cost of the LiveHealth visit as part of the commitment to providing accessible mental health resource alternatives to promote health, healing, and hope.