Sexual Harassment/Sexual Violence Resources


University of California Notice of Nondiscrimination

The University of California and UCLA CAPS are committed to the principle of treating each community member with respect and dignity.

Across all of its locations, including clinical settings, the University prohibits discrimination and harassment (including sexual assault and other forms of sexual harassment)). UCLA CAPS provides equal opportunities for all clients/patients, applicants, employees, trainees, and students regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics. For more on the University’s commitment to integrity, accountability and respect for all members of our community, please see the University’s Statement of Ethical Values and Standards of Ethical Conduct.  

Patients - How to Report Sexual Harassment

If you have experienced sexual harassment please report it. To speak with a Title IX officer, please call (310) 206-3417.  Reports, inquiries and questions can also be directed to the Title IX Office at

The UCLA Title IX Office tries to protect people’s privacy, while also fulfilling its obligations to respond appropriately to all reports it receives. In some situations, certain laws and University policies may require disclosure of reports to others, such as other University officials, licensing boards, law enforcement, or other agencies. If you are unsure if you want to file a report, we recommend contacting one of the following confidential resources first for advice and support:

·         UCLA CARE Program (Campus Assault Resources and Education)

·         UCLA Student Legal Services

·         The Rape Treatment Center at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center

These offices are not required to report instances of sexual harassment to the University.

The University reviews all reports of sexual harassment in accordance with the University’s Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Policy and other applicable policies.


See additional reporting options available to you:

To Provide General Feedback about your Patient Care Experience:

UCLA CAPS is interested in hearing about your overall care experience. To provide general feedback about your visit or experience with a CAPS provider, or to communicate any complaint about unprofessional conduct, please contact the CAPS Director of Quality Programs at 310-825-0768 or email


To Obtain Your Medical Records

You may obtain a copy of your medical records in person or by mail.  Detailed instructions are here


Reporting Obligations of UC Personnel

All University employees are responsible for creating and maintaining the safe, supportive and respectful environment that our patients and colleagues expect and deserve. Additionally, under some circumstances, UCLA CAPS staff members are required by University policy to immediately report possible sexual harassment to the Title IX office.  For more information about your responsibility to report sexual harassment as a member of the UC community, click here.


Additional methods to report sexual misconduct

The following University offices also accept reports of sexual misconduct:

·         UCLA Whistleblower Hotline: (800) 403-4744 or

·         UCLA PD: 310-825-1491

If you would prefer to file a complaint with an outside agency instead of, or in addition to, a complaint with the University, you can file a civil rights complaint with any of the following:

·         Medical Board of California: (this site will allow you to file a complaint about any California-licensed physician or midwife)

·         California Department of Consumer Affairs: (this site will allow you to access the websites to file complaints about any health professional licensed in the State of California)

·         U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights

The Office for Civil Rights works to ensure equal access to education and through enforcement of civil right protections on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex discrimination, disability and age.

-          File a complaint electronically:

-          File a complaint by mail: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201. Download the form here:

-      File a complaint by phone: 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)

·         California Department of Public Health’s Center for Health Care Quality (CHCQ)

The CHCQ Licensing and Certification Program at the California Department of Public Health has regulatory oversight of licensed and certified health care facilities and of certain types of health care professionals. CHCQ also investigates consumer complaints against the facilities and professionals within its purview.

-          File a complain electronically:

-          File a complaint by mail: Find the appropriate local office here

-          File a complaint by phone: Find the appropriate local office here

·         California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)

DFEH will investigate a failure by an employer to comply with sexual harassment prevention training and education requirements, and incidents of discrimination in employment, businesses and other services.

-          File a complaint electronically:

  -          File a complaint by mail: 2218 Kausen Drive, Suite 100; Elk Grove, CA 95758

-          File a complaint by phone: 800-884-1684 (voice), 800-700-2320 (TTY) or California’s Relay Service at 711